Table of Contents
When the water gets in, the ear plugs are dry, the water will open up the outer ear canal, causing tinnitus, hearing loss and ear pain .
If the eardrum is perforated due to otitis media, bathing in the ear will cause recurrent inflammation. At this time manifested by blue ear pear, tinnitus, hearing loss increased.
In addition, children are really easy to get the water in ears. So, people should know some water in ear problems and how to pop your ears.
What’s the matter when water gets into ears?
Children and adults always go swimming for cooling down, especially in the summer time. Water in the ear often occurs after swimming or bathing.
The water in the ear is initially uncomfortable, but if it is not removed immediately or the water does not drain , it is likely that you may have inflammation, swelling or inflammation of the outer ear and ear canal – acute otitis media , .
The epidermis protects the damaged ear canal. After a lot of water has been washed in the ear, it may cause the bacteria entering to the outer ear canal. Therefore, it causes ear inflammation, itching and aching also increase. As result, external ear inflammation will occur, , .
What is ear popping?
Ear, nose, and throat are in an opened, dry, ventilated and connected system. It will make the issue when this system is closed or ears and nose have water.
This system has many sinuses which located on the face, under the skin and face muscle.
Ear popping is a way to remove water out of ear by using characteristics: ventilated, opened and connected .
You can also get water out by creating sinus pressure, your ears won’t pop directly. Hence, water is pushed out of the ears.
When the water gets in the ear, we can take water out by using nose or throat (mouth). Those are un-popping ears methods.
How to pop your ears
Fortunately, we can easily pop water in ears with just a few small tricks. Let try some following ways how to make ears pop.
How to pop ears by creating a vacuum in your ear
Hold the ear with water on the palms of the hands, then use the palms of the thumb to beat until the water begins to drain .
Do not do this at the same time with the other ear. It means one ear won’t pop when the other ears popping back, otherwise the water may flow back into the ear canal.
This will create a vacuum like a mechanism that draws water from the ear to your hand.
In addition, you can tilt your ears down, place a finger in your ear and create a vacuum force by pressing and pulling quickly. Stagnant water will flow out of your ear very quickly.
Note that this is not the preferred way as it can scratch and cause ear infections. If your palm is not effective and you want to use your fingers, make sure you clean your fingers and cut off the fingernails.
Moreover, during this vacuum procedure, you can take advantage of the ear massage clockwise (or counterclockwise) when the ear is sealed.
This also helps moisturize the ear and drain off steam. This is especially useful if the water in your ear affects your ability to hear.
How to make your ears pop by tilting your head to the side
You can try another trick to stand on one leg and tilt your head to one side so that the standing water is parallel to the ground, or try popping to make the water drain out .
Pulling the earlobe to open the ear canal or squeezing the ear canal to the side of the ear can also help drain out.
You cannot jump but just tilt your head to the side.
Lie on your side and put your ears down
Gravity can naturally dry the ears. Just lie on your side, lie down on one side of your ear for the best effect, or you can add a soft pillow.
Keep that position for at least a few minutes. You can watch TV or find other ways to relax if needed.
If you have water in your ear in the evening, remember to put water down while sleeping.
This will increase the likelihood that the water in your ear will drain while you sleep.
Dry your ears, popping tubes
You may suspect that the dryer can remove the water in your ear, but this has proven to be effective for many people.
You only need to place the dryer on the lowest heat or even only in cooling mode.
Let the dryer at least 30 cm away from the head and blow the earpiece until you feel the water in the ear dries.
Just do not let it get too hot or too close to prevent you burning yourself.
In addition, you can give the dryer blowing through the ear rather than blowing in the ear. Warm and dry air will make the water evaporate quickly.
How to un-pop your ears
Besides popping the ears, you can also try some methods of un-popping the ears. Un-popping the ears means getting water out of the ears but without acting directly on ears, we use our mouth and mouse to get water out.
How to un-pop your ears by chewing
Make it as if you are eating something so that the jaw bone around the ear moves. Tilt your head to the waterless one, then tilt your head to the other side. You can also try chewing gum to see if you can get rid of stagnant water , .
The water in the ear is trapped in the ear canal – a part of the inner ear and chewing motion can help release water there.
You can also try chewing and tilt your head to the side of the water for better efficiency.
How to un-pop ears by yawn
Sometimes you can break the bubbles in the ear just by yawning. Any movement affecting the water in the ear can also help relieve pressure and drain .
If you feel a sound like “click” or feel water in your ear changes it means that this method has worked. Like chewing gum, yawning will also help to clear the ears .
If getting water from your ear at home is not working and you feel pain in your ear, see your doctor as soon as possible.
Use a dry cloth to wipe ear
Wipe the ear slowly and gently with a towel or a loose shirt to remove the remaining water, then place the earpiece on the towel to slice off the remaining water in the inner ear.
Note: Do not press the towel deep into the ear to prevent water from penetrating into the ear.
How to make homemade ears drop
Mix the homemade mixture with half alcohol and half white vinegar.
In addition to helping to eliminate stagnant water in the ear, this solution also helps to sterilize and prevent ear infections.
Very simple, you only need to mix with 50% alcohol and 50% white vinegar, use a small ear canal and carefully drop a few drops of suspension into the water.
Then dry your ears. You can ask someone to help you with this solution in your ear.
The acids in the mixture will work to break away the wax that may contain part of the water in the ear canal, while the alcohol quickly dries out and evaporates.
Alcohol also helps keep the water in your ear from evaporating faster.
When do you see your doctor?
You should see a doctor when you start to feel pain. Also, you should know that the signs of otitis media can be quite similar to standing water in the ear, and the disease also needs to be treated.
Earaches can also be a symptom of water in the ear causing acute otitis . If you have the following symptoms, you should see a doctor immediately:
- Pus is yellow, yellow-green or unusual color, odor from the ear
- The phenomenon of ear pain increases when you pull the ear
- Loss of hearing
- Itchy ear or ear canal
Prevention of water in ears
The outer ear canal can be removed while swimming or bathing. When bathing children need to head back slightly, flush gradually to each side of the head when shampoo to avoid water into the ear canal.
If you see water into the ear canal just tilt the ear and pull the ear to the bottom and then shake slightly, the water will flow out.
If you use that measure and still feel water still in the ear canal, use a dry cotton pad at the ear to absorb water from the ear canal, without wiping or picking the ear. If you still find it difficult to see an ENT doctor.
Dry ear after swimming
- After swimming – whether swimming at the beach or at the pool, or after bathing, you should pay special attention to keeping your ears dry.
- Use a clean towel to dry the outer ear and the part near the ear canal to dry the ear.
- Tilt your head to one side or shake your head to remove remaining water in your ear.
- The truth is that some people are more prone to water to the ear than others, depending largely on the shape of the ear.
- So if there is too much water in your ear, be especially careful.
Limit cleaning ear by cleaner
You may think that a cotton swab will help get water, earwax or other foreign material from the ear, but in fact, it is counterproductive because it can push water or earwax deep into the ear .
- The cotton swab can also scratch the ear, resulting in later pain.
- Similarly, using a tissue paper deep inside the ear can also scratch the ear.
- Avoid using clogged ears or cotton swabs when your ear is stagnant
- Using ear plugs or cotton swabs when you sleep at night has the same effect as swabs if there is water or something in your ear that is pushed deeper into the ear.
- If you experience ear pain or water in your ear, avoid using these items.
- You should also avoid using headphones until your ear is in pain.
Advice for popping sound in ear
- Just chew gum while you lie on your side (to the side of the ear is stagnant). After a few minutes, all the water in the ear will drain.
- Snuff your nose with two fingers and try to blow slowly. Do not blow too hard because it can hurt the eardrum.
- Blow your nose when popping noise in the ear. Changing air pressure can also help get water in the ear.
- Tilt the head down. The water in the ear will flow out immediately.
- Just jump up and down gently pull earlobe. Let a towel nearby to dry the water.
- Sneezing and blowing while you hold your breath, you will feel the air escaping through the water-absorbing ear canal.
- Do not scratch deeply in your ear, otherwise, you may have ear infections. Tilt your head to one side, jump up and down and gently pull your ear.
- Tilt your head to a stuck ear, or see a doctor if these tips are not working. Your ears may have some serious problems.
- Shake your head for about 10 seconds.
Warning when getting ear to pop
- Be careful not to lose your balance while jumping. You can cling to a chair while jumping to hold the cushion.
- These methods will almost certainly help you to remove the earwax and water from the ear. So do not let the wax mixture stick to the hard-to-clean laundry.
- Do not put foreign objects in your ear. Cotton swabs and similar materials, when inserted into the ear, can scratch the skin, causing infection.
- You can’t pop ears when you have ear infections.
Is it dangerous when water gets into baby’s ears?
Every time you take the baby to bathing parents are always very careful to avoid water into the baby’s ears. However, there are times when it happens.
For newborns, when they enter the water, they will respond immediately. But older babies who accidentally run in without detecting it can cause children with certain ear problems. So we need to find a way to prevent it.
Normally, when bathing, playing with baby toys, children do not pay attention to fill their own water.
After discovering just tilt the head, the water will get out of the ear, the remaining air permeable through the skin under the ear and you just use cotton is permeable. But you also have to pay attention when using cotton gently so as not to hurt the ear.
When exposed to water, many babies are at risk for otitis media. Ear infections in the middle of the ear even punctured the eardrum.
If ear problems are first manifested baby will have tinnitus, then switch to pain and hear strange noises from unknown. Children’s hearing decreases somewhat, so you have to limit the flow of water to your baby’s ear.
The water in your baby’s ear that is not hygienic is very susceptible to infection and also causes other diseases of the nose and throat.
Parents should actively teach their children to prevent and how to pop the ears as soon as the water in the ear. In many cases, parents do not find out that the condition of the ear more and more
Questions and answers
1. Why do your ears get hot when popping ear?
When popping ears, you are making a pressure into ears, and ear cannula. Therefore the temperature increases, that why your ears get hot when you pop your ears.
2. How to pop your ears when you have a cold?
When you have a cold, your nose is runny. It means your nose wet and some time obstructive. Therefore, you can not apply the ear un-popping. Why don’t you try some other ear popping that we mentioned above such as tilting your head to the side
3. If unblocking ears in swimming, what will be happened?
If you are not unblocking ears when swimming, the water will get into your ears. Water with some harmful bacteria will stay in your ears. Therefore, you may have some ear problems. External ear infection is one of the most serious ear problems that you may see. So, don’t forget to block your ear when you go swimming. If not, when the water gets in, let try some above tips in how to pop your ears.
4. Is ear popping good?
Ear popping is a way to remove water inside the ears. As mentioned above, water in the ear may lead to many problems and it is very dangerous for adults, particularly in children. Ear popping is a safe and effective method to get water out of the ear.
5. If I have pregnant, what should I do when water in ears?
When you get water in ears, firstly, you should be calm. Assess how water in your ear and how severity it is (which ear you have water, can you hear the environment noise,…). Then you should try some methods of how to pop your ears or how to un-pop your ear above to take water out.
We are so appreciated to your LIKE and SHARE with how to pop your ears above.