Table of Contents
Functional supplements have always been an important factor in weight-losing and getting fit process. Among all kind of supplements, these days, cla appears to be one of the most efficient weight-losing product. But what cla is and how long does it take for cla to work? We’re about to find out right now.
Some basic grasp on cla
Since the term “cla” may still sound strange to many people, let’s start by giving you some principle ideas about cla before answering the question how long does it take for cla to work:
- Cla: this term stands for conjugated linoleic acid- a fatty acid that can not be produced by your body. Linoleic acid can only be found naturally with little amount in a few foods like milk or beef. In recent years, cla product with high concentration of linoleic acid has been used as an effective supplement to lose weight.
- What does cla do to your body: It is a misconception to think that cla can only help with the weight loss. Cla can also increase your muscular mass, enhance immunity, act as an antioxidant and reduce “bad” lipids like cholesterol in your body. If you want to know more about tremendous things that cla can bring to your body in great detail, click WHAT DOES CLA DO for more information!
- Benefits of cla: The most outstanding effects of cla, needless to say, is helping people getting in shape. Briefly explained, it will burn out fat in your adipose tissues instead of carbs to convert into energy and also lead to less energy consumed in a day which overall will make you get rid of some extra fat on your body. To find out more about the magic that cla does on your body shape, click DOES CLA HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS? to see how cal help and few more steps to attain the body that you have always dreamt of.
Aside from losing weight, cla can also prevent heart diseases, cure asthma and boost immunity system by providing “good” lipid. Isn’t it fascinating to know that you can get a healthy and good-looking body in just one pill?
How long does it take for cla to work?
We have been bragging about how terrific cla can be to help you get fit but how long does it take for cla to work? Usually, it takes a few weeks for the weight-losing effect of cla to show up. However, because of the variations of these listed factors, this process can be quicker or slower significantly. And for the worst scenario: nothing will happen. Why should you take into account these four factors to make sure that you will reach your final goal? Let’s take a look:
1, The cla product that you are using
Everyone will have distinctive features so no surprise choosing the right CLA product can affect how long does it take for cla to work. It is the first element that modifies the outcome of your cla treatment. Below are some criteria that you should concern before buying a CLA product:
- The concentration of cla: Different companies will have different “recipes” of their cla product so the amount of cla can be varied among those. There should be at least 80 percent of cla in the product to be considered as a good choice.
- Caffeine: caffeine can boost metabolism by 3 to 11 percent so sometimes it is added in the product to increase weight-loss effect even more. However, caffeine is not good for everyone. If you have anxiety problems or insomnia, it is better to take a non-caffeine, non-simulating cla product.
- Allergens: The product that you are going to buy must not have any allergens. Looking into the description to see if there any substances that you are allergic to like milk, peanut, soy, etc.
- The form of the supplement: It can be pills, softgel, syrup, and capsules. The syrup has a pleasant taste so that you can mix with your food but not the capsules one with very bitter taste, which means you should only drink it with water. Choose one form that you feel the most comfortable to use.
If you are still hesitant about buying one cla product and feeling confused which one to pick, to help to save you some time, click here to see TOP 5 CLA SUPPLEMENTS and BEST CLA FOR WEIGHT LOSS that we have already chosen for you. Each of those products will come with each pro and cons, but hopefully, with our effort, you can decide a suitable one for you after reading those articles!
One research in 2004 has shown that without any change in daily eating habits, a group of overweight women can still lose 9% body fat in one year . However, if you want to lose more weight and see the result as soon as possible, it is better to change your diet. A healthy diet will not only affect how long does it take for cla to work but also prevent your weight from yo-yo-ing back and maintain good health in long-term. Here are some tips for you to switch to a healthier diet:
Cut back on starches and sugar
No doubt, a low-carb diet has been a great choice to help people lose weight in recent years, and there are reasons for that.
First of all, carbs intake stimulates insulin secretion- a hormone that lowers body blood sugar but stores fat in human’s body. When insulin level is low, fat can get out from adipose tissues, and your body burns fat to get energy instead of burning carbs. Moreover, with low insulin level, the kidney can get rid of more sodium and unnecessary water which helps you to lose weight as well.
In addition to that, starches and sugar can increase your appetite and makes it more difficult to feel full. As a result, you will eat more and consume more energy with a high-carb diet. Fat, on the other hand, even though it generates more calories than carbs per gram, it can make you feel full faster, and longer so with a low-carb diet, you will consume less energy without suffering from hunger in comparison to a very-low-fat diet.
Eat more protein and fat
Fat, as we already mentioned above, can make you feel full quicker, longer and consume less energy. A low-fat diet seems to be effective as you want to lose fat but it will make you constantly feel hungry, miserable and difficult to keep up. So there is no need to abstain from fat, especially when you are already on a low-carb diet.
Coconut oil is highly recommended as the best source of cooking fat with medium-chain triglycerides which is more fulfilling than other fats and can slightly increase metabolism. Other good lipid and fatty acid like omega-3, omega-6 or CLA- the protagonist of this article, can help you lose weight as well and have a healthy body.
Protein, on the other hand, since it is harder to digest in comparison to fat and carbs, can boost metabolism up to 100 calories a day. Eating protein also tends to more fulfilling, satisfying, so it will make you less likely to look for snacks and to eat less than 441 calories a day. Some good sources of protein are eggs, meat (like beef, pork, chicken) and fish and seafood (like shrimps, tuna, lobsters and so on).
The more vegetables, the better
Finally, adding more vegetables to your meal is always a good choice for your health regardless of you want to lose weight or not. In general, vegetables are very low in calories but high in fibers and water so that it will make you feel full without consuming many energies. In particular, to lose some weight, you should eat low-energy greens like spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage and so on. With other minerals and vitamin which are all vital to your body, the benefits of vegetables will go and on but we will not discuss more of it today.
3, Do more exercise
The bigger the size of your waist, the shorter your life is. Like having a healthy diet, taking more exercise can help you get fit quicker and see the outcome sooner. Cla or any other weight-loss pills on the market are not miracles, if you don’t change your diet and would rather sit all day nothing can help you.
Perform cardiovascular exercises
According to the CDC, you should spend at least 150 minutes a week to perform medium-intensity cardio for the best result. The key here is consistency which means to have to take exercise regularly. Moreover, remember to avoid intense activities when you are trying to do exercises the first time or else you will feeling daunting and want to give up quickly.
Some examples cardiovascular exercises are walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming. They are simple, fun to take and budget-friendly but still very efficient for you.
Switch to healthier activities
Instead of taking elevators, what about using the stairs? Or after long hours of sitting in front of the computer, why not standing and stretching out just for a minute?If your house is not so far from your workplace, why don’t you walk home? There are plenty of examples of choices you can make to make yourself healthier. Even though they may seem subtle but so you know, a little adjustment in your daily activities can bring surprising outcomes in the future.
Enjoying your life
A study has found that loneliness, sadness, stress or feeling of isolation can make you feel more hungry, less satisfied with a big meal and eventually lead to weight gain, especially in women.That’s why if you want to lose some pounds, it is essential to consider psychological aspect as well and taking exercise is an excellent option for mental health. It can not only relieve stress and sorrow but also help you have some new friends in the process( may be your lover, who knows!) and say goodbye to the loneliness.
But not everyone is determined or has enough time to take exercises. If you want a shortcut or just want to lose a few pounds and want to see the result of cla without taking any exercises, is it possible? Click DOES CLA WORK WITHOUT EXERCISE and sees in that case, how long does it take for cla to work for you.
4, Dosage and frequency
The final step to utilize the full potential of cla is by taking it frequently with the right amount. Patience is the key.
The recommended dosage is 3 to 5 grams a day for the best outcome. Moreover, cla should be taken before or during a meal and consumed with high protein foods like meat or milk to prevent nausea or diarrhea.
The answer is every day. The amount of recommended dosage should be divided into three meals. You can take it before or during a meal based on its form and your preference.For more information about how to use cla properly, click these articles to see HOW TO TAKE CLA and what is the BEST TIME TO TAKE CLA!
For the record, cla is not a magical pill. How long does it take for cla to work? Definitely not one night. You’ll have to wait! But there is still something you can do to see the result sooner and keep that result longer.
Side effects of cla
Every weight loss product comes with each pro and cons, so does cla. Besides its numerous advantages, there are some risks of cla that you may need to consider before deciding to take it:
As you may have known, cla calls out energy from your fat storage instead of carbs. However, because fat takes a longer time to convert into energy than carbs, it is common to feel tired when you first use cla. You may feel inactive, distracted and crave for sleep all the time to remain refreshed.
Besides fatigue, cla can also cause irritation, nausea, diarrhea, and gas bloating. The culprit can be the oily nature of cla, initial adaptive to it of your intestine or the material of the product’s capsules. These symptoms will subside within a few days, but if not, you should stop using it and switch to other products.
Cla is believed to worsen diabetes in human beings by increasing insulin resistance. Even though it is still controversial, it is better to consult your doctor before trying to take cla when you already have diabetes. On the other hand, without any firm evidence, cla is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
For the bottom line, not everyone should take cla to get in shape. To know more about its cons, click here to see CLA SUPPLEMENT SIDE EFFECTS to understand why some of you should consider trying other weight-loss product other than cla. The answer to the question how long does it take for cla to work will not matter if cla harms your health.
Main points of how long does it take for cla to work?
1, Some basic grasp on cla:
- Cla stands for conjugated linoleic acid- an essential fatty acid that has recently been used as an effective weight-loss product.
- What cla can do: There are multiple effects of cla on your body including aiding you in losing weight, increasing muscular mass, enhancing immunity or acting as an antioxidant.
- Cla’s benefits: The most outstanding advantage of cla is helping you losing weight. Besides, it can prevent heart problem, increase immunity and cure asthma.
2, How long does it take for cla to work:
It usually takes a few weeks to see the result. However, based on these factors, the number can vary vastly among different people:
- The cla product you are using
- Dosage and frequency
3, Side effects of cla:
Every supplement will carry some side effects that you should also look into before deciding to take them. Cla is no exception:
- Intestinal problems
- Other warnings
This is the end of the article about how long does it take for cla to work. If you like our work, please share it on your social network. If you want to see more of us, please sign up for newsletters in the section below. In case you have any questions, we are always available to answer it for you so don’t hesitate to ask us!