Table of Contents
Nowadays, it is not that hard to have a flawless bronze skin, as there are many ways for sunless tanner products, not to mention going to a spa and perform a spray tan. But why do you need to pay such a large budget on those methods, while there are many household items can bring up the same result?
Here are the top three ingredients for the homemade self tanner that doesn’t wash off from your skin easily.
Having a perfect tanned skin has never been easier! Please keep reading, and you will be amazed at what these items bring back!
Homemade self tanner: Where should you start?
Guess what? The summer is all around, and everything you desire right now is a flawless deep, bronze skin tone that matches perfectly with your sexiest bikini. But how could you do that, while you spend eight hours per day in your office and have no time to go outside and enjoy a sun tanning?
Many girls are in the same situation. They come to salons for a spray tan with a noticeable budget or spend tons of time searching on the internet for the reviews of sunless tanning. But the result does not match with their imagination all the time, as the color may be too far from their desire. To know more about the real length of spray tan, please take a look at HOW LONG DOES A SPRAY TAN LAST? LET’S FIND OUT THE MOST EFFICIENT SPRAY TAN TIPS HERE!
Do not worried; we are here to help you find a more reasonable solution. Have you ever thought of a homemade self tanner that is created by your own? It may be not as perfect as the products on the market, but it doesn’t mean that this kind of tanner can wash off easily.
Please drag downward to see which household items you could use to make your own tanner.
Which ingredients that could be used for a homemade self tanner that doesn’t wash off?
It may be hard to believe, but there are many items in your kitchen that acts like a real tanner. Not to mention the tanning effects, they are absolutely friendly with your skin as all of the ingredients come from the natural.
Have you ever heard of transforming your favorite drink into a trendy tanner lotion? It sounds ridiculous, but it really works!
As the instant cocoa powder is available in the supermarket and online shopping, there is no need to roast the cocoa seeds by yourself. Everything you need to do is ordering a pack of cocoa powder with 100% concentration through an online shop, then do some magic tricks with it (which are revealed below). Your skin is ready to apply a natural homemade self tanner that doesn’t wash off!
If you cannot decide which brand in the market should you choose, here is one of the most preferred cocoa powder on Amazon:
But if you already had a pack of raw cocoa seeds and didn’t know how to roast it correctly, please remember that there are many factors that can affect the outcome color. The perfect temperature for cocoa roasting ranges from 90 to 110°C, within 40-60 minutes .
If you do research on the internet, you will see many misconceptions about the real benefit of black tea in tanning effects.
People often think that it is the tannic acid inside the tea that causes the brown color. But the fact is, there is no tannic acid in any tea leaves except for tannin (a plant polyphenol). Although tannic acids belong to the tannin types, these two terms are misused all the time .
When considering about homemade self tanner, you should know that what really works here is the tannin compound, which owns a bitter flavor and orange-brown color. Since they noticed that the strain caused by the tea doesn’t wash off easily, and its shade matches with the tanning skin, it is then used widely in making self tanner.
Still confusing of which high-quality black tea works best? Please drag down to see which product is the most preferred by the customers.
Unlike cocoa seeds, the color of the coffee beans changes gradually during the roasting time. Using the coffee ground from the market to make homemade self tanner is likely to provide the maximum brown shade that doesn’t wash off.
It is hard to roast the coffee beans at home, but we still want to provide some facts, in case you want to have a lighter tanning skin. It is the sugar ingredient in the coffee bean (which burns due to the high temperature) that causes the brown color. When the temperature in the chamber reaches 170-200°C, the coffee starts to caramelize, then becomes darker through time. For the darkest shade, such as in espresso, they recommended the roasting temperature between 205-215°C.
To save your time in finding the high-quality coffee ground, please take a look to see which product is most well-known right now.
Top priceless homemade self tanner that doesn’t wash off
1st recipe. Cocoa powder
It seems to be the simplest method to make your homemade self tanner, as you only need two basic ingredients: cocoa powder and a lotion.
Please keep in your mind that: don’t use the cocoa powder that includes sugar in it – that one is for drinking, not for making a lotion that can be applied to your skin. The more powder you add in, the darker the tanner gonna be.
Besides, it would be better if you pick a white lotion, so you will be able to reach your desired color without mixing with any weird tone. A fragrance-free lotion works better if you don’t want to smell the unpleasant scent from the combination of rose odor with cocoa powder. But if you feel free with it, just go ahead and try mixing your favorite scent!
- ½ cup of white lotion
- ⅓ cup of 100% pure cocoa powder
- Pour the lotion into a bowl so it will be easy to mix.
- Divide the cocoa powder into three parts then add each part in the bowl gradually.
- Each time adding, use a small spatula to blend the mixture until all lumps are gone (or if you don’t have any, use a fork instead).
- Test a small amount on your hand. If the shade appears lighter than your imagination, keep adding cocoa powder until it reaches your desire. But do not add too much or the combination could be too dry.
- Apply the lotion all over your body. If you still prefer a darker shade, there is another way: wait until the first layer is completely dry, then add on the second layer. Be careful with this step because it may result in an uneven finish.
2nd recipe. Black tea self tanner
Black tea is most well-known for its benefits for our health, for instance, reducing the risks of cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Now you know another way to use black tea for homemade self tanner that is totally natural, simply, priceless, and no side effects.
With a cup of black tea which cost you less than three dollars, we will guide you how to turn it into a homemade spray tanner that doesn’t wash off easily!
Let’s see what you need to prepare:
- 7-8 tea bags (or even more if you want a darker tone)
- 2 cups of water
- An empty spray bottle
What to do:
Boil the water then add the tea bags to it.
- Allow the tea to cool down for at least half an hour
- Pour the liquid into the spray bottle. It will be perfect you use a bottle that produces a fine mist (as fine as possible!).
- Before spraying the homemade self tanner, make sure that your skin is dry and clean, so it doesn’t wash off. Then spray it all over your body.
- Rub the skin gently to prevent drips.
- Allow the first layer to dry, then repeat the process until your skin is as bronze as desire.
3rd recipe: coffee ground self tanner
Ok, here comes the last ingredient that is perfect for a homemade self tanner: coffee ground. But it is more than the last item, as we will provide three different ways to create a tanner on your own!
Coffee tanning lotion
What to prepare
- 250 milliliters of water
- 6 tablespoons of coffee ground (medium or dark, up to your choice)
- 250 milliliters of white lotion
- Pour the water into a coffee maker. Or if you don’t have any, boil the water instead and pour into the coffee filter.
- Put the coffee ground into the filter, then turn on the machine.
- Allow the coffee to be cold down for 30 minutes.
- Combine the coffee with the white lotion and stir well until it blends completely. Depends on the strength of the coffee ground, the color of the mixture ranges from beige to light brown color.
- Pour the tanning lotion into a clean jar with an airtight cap.
- Each time using, rub the lotion on your skin in several layers and see how amazingly it works! Remember to let the previous layer dry completely before applying the next time.
- Storing the coffee lotion in the fridge helps prolong its expiration date.
Coffee tanning ointment
What to prepare
- 1 cup of used coffee ground
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Mix the two ingredients above in a large bowl. Since you want to make less or more ointment, just adjust the recipe with 1:1 ratio.
- Let the mixture sit for five minutes, so the coffee tints the oil with a brown tone.
- Prepare a place in your bathroom to apply the tanner. As this process would be a little bit messy, we recommend lining the floor with a plastic mat, and keep away any white items or you will need to replace them sooner or later (such as the rug, towel, and even your bathtub).
- Wear gloves and rub the mixture on your skin, let it sit for five minutes before applying the next layer.
- The brown oil needs time to tint your skin, so please be patient for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the ground with warm water, but do not rub the skin or it may fade the tan.
- Repeat the tanning process twice a week to maintain the effect.
There are several options besides coffee ointment that works similarly with the recipe above. But what are they? Click here to FIND OUT THE BEST TANNING OIL FOR AN ULTIMATE GLOWING TAN.
What to prepare
- 1 cup of used coffee ground
- 1 cups of water
- Boil the water, then add the coffee ground into the pot.
- Keep the mixture boiling for at least two minutes, so the coffee excretes its color.
- After take out, let the liquid cool down to room temperature.
- Prepare the bathroom as mentioned above, then rub the ground all over your body using gloves.
- Wait for about 15 minutes, so the liquid has time to seep into your skin.
- Rinse gently with warm water, avoid rubbing or cleansing not to fade the tan.
Useful tips for using self tanner
If you already had tan physics, we recommend you to take a look at HOW TO APPLY TAN PHYSICS FOR THE MOST SATISFIED TAN SKIN, because all of the most useful tips for a gorgeous bronze skin is laying there.
But for someone who prefers natural tan skin, the suggestions below are what you are looking for.
Unlike artificial tanner products that react with our skin and form the brown shade, those homemade self tanners are nothing more than covering your body with a darker coat. It’s like a second skin layer that covers your body, and it doesn’t wash off right after you put it on, but after a few days or when you take a bath.
That’s why we are here to provide some useful tips to keep your tanned skin last for longer.
- Exfoliate your skin and apply moisturizer before tanning because it supports an even finish.
- Allow the first layer to dry entirely before applying the second layer. This step not only keeps your tan stable but prevent streams and drips.
- Wear loose clothes after tanning so they will not rub your skin and remove the color.
- Avoid contact with water, such as taking a bath or going to the swimming pool.
- Apply the homemade tanner 2-3 times per week to maintain the skin tone.
Ok, so you have read the simplest and costless recipes of homemade self tanner that doesn’t wash off.
What are you waiting for? Just go to the kitchen, try our remedies and see how amazing your skin will turn into!
In case you still want to try some tan physics before using these recipes; do not worry; what you really need is GET THE BEST TAN PHYSICS REVIEWS – TAN PHYSICS TRUE COLOR SUNLESS TANNER. It will save you tons of time searching on the internet for the proper one.
If you have anything unclear, please leave a comment below. We are ready to help!
Don’t forget to click LIKE and SHARE if you find these recipes helpful!